Travel to Newport Beach
Newport Beach is a beautiful coastal area in Southern California, boasting the largest recreational harbor on the west coast, pristine beaches and world class surf breaks, luxury shopping at Fashion Island, fine dining, outdoor recreation, and water sports.
Newport Beach is 45 miles south of Los Angeles and LAX Airport, with regular direct flights from major cities in the USA, Continental Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
The conference venue is the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, where special conference room rates are available.
Three airports provide close access to Newport Beach:
|Airport||Distance to Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa|
|John Wayne||5 miles|
|Long Beach||25 miles|
|Los Angeles (LAX)||45 miles|
TRAVEL FROM LOCAL AIRPORTS TO NEWPORT BEACH
The best options for travel from local airports to Newport Beach are
Driving directions from local airports to the hotel can be found here
PARKING AT THE HOTEL
The Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa will provide a $10.00 discount off the hotel self-parking rate (currently $26 USD / day).
Newport Beach Information
VISIT NEWPORT BEACH
Newport Beach’s main tourism website, with information on local events, activities, and things to see.
Located 1 mile from the hotel, this beachside community and harbor is a hot spot for dining, shopping, swimming, boating, whale watching, and fishing.
Fashion Island is Orange County’s premier coastal shopping destination offering luxury, designer and fashion specialty boutiques, and a vast array of fine and al fresco dining.
OUTDOOR AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
- Upper Newport Bay Nature Preserve (4 miles from the conference hotel): 1,000 acres of nature reserve with walking and biking trails, horseback riding, and camping
- Biking and walking trails are located within 1 mile of the conference hotel
- Harbor (1 mile from the conference hotel): kayaking, paddle boarding, sailing,
- Beaches: Newport Beach (2 miles), Corona del Mar state beach (2 miles), Huntington beach (7 miles)
- Golf: There are several premium golf courses within a 5 mile radius
- Theme parks: Disneyland (19 miles), Knott’s Berry Farm (24 miles)
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa: Sam & Harry’s Steakhouse and Lounge, Starbucks, and a poolside bar that serves drinks and food.
- Fashion Island (0.2 miles from the conference hotel): a large food court, as well as cafes, pubs, bistro dining, and fine dining
- 2-mile radius: There are dozens of restaurants within a 5 minute taxi (15 minute walk) radius, located on Balboa Island and along the Newport Beach coastline.